Forums
AUG ELITE Gaming Community :: Forums :: AUG_Elite Community :: Game Chat :: General Game Chat

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Aion Free Expansion!
Moderators: IKAIKA Dv8, VisionKill, Stack, EZPoacher, Phoenix Goddess, Nuke, Blues, asustek, Krash, Muarader
Author Post
Phoenix Goddess
Fri Jul 16 2010, 12:50PM
The Phoenix

Registered Member #29
NCsoft Reveals Release Date for Aion’s Highly Anticipated Free Expansion – Aion®: Assault on Balaurea™

Aion Players in North America and Europe can begin exploring the world far beyond the traditional territories of Asmodae and Elysea beginning September 7th.

Today, NCsoft, the world's premier publisher and developer of Massively Multiplayer Online games (MMOs), unveiled the official release date for Aion: Assault on Balaurea, the next exciting chapter in Aion that entrenches players into a rich storyline in which their actions will determine the fate of the world. Aion: Assault on Balaurea releases digitally to PCs in North America and Europe on Sept. 7, 2010, however, players looking for retail boxed copies of the full game featuring exclusive in-game pets will find them at select retailers in North America on Sept. 7 and on Sept. 10 in Europe.

In Aion: Assault on Balaurea, the exciting new chapter of Aion, characters have the ability to align together to launch massive counter assaults against the invading Balaur on their homeland while experiencing new and updated instances and zones, an increased level cap, new weapons and items, new skills and added flight mechanics. Characters will not be alone as they explore the new areas, as Aion introduces functional pets equipped with in-game benefits.

Unlike any MMO before it, Aion is a uniquely crafted online gaming experience where flight offers much more than just a way to gracefully explore the landscape - it is a strategic and integral part of combat, quests, and exploration. Players will use flight to dive into battle and plunge through thousands of unique, story-driven quests, all while trying to save and control a world literally shattered in half from centuries of brutal conflict.

For more information about Aion and Aion: Assault on Balaurea go to -=<( Click Here )>=-.

MAJOR Patterson
Fri Jul 16 2010, 02:22PM
Xfire Guy, The Best Canadian
Registered Member #72
I hope this patch will "save" aion, i've heard that the fan base has dropped a bit over the past 2-4 months =[]
Phoenix Goddess
Sun Jul 18 2010, 04:32PM
The Phoenix

Registered Member #29
The servers have been combined giving that extra boost we needed. Also the game is to huge in European countys and Korea to take it down.
MAJOR Patterson
Mon Jul 19 2010, 06:36PM
Registered Member #72
Ah ok, well thats good to hear =P
Blues
Tue Jul 20 2010, 06:38PM
The Patriarch, Blues Drive Monster & "The Best Mexican"

Registered Member #394
You know, the more I read the post, the more I thought "This sounds a hell of a lot like the BC expansion..."

NCSoft needs to stop worrying about Aion and get back to finishing GW2! lol
Phoenix Goddess
Wed Jul 21 2010, 11:47PM
The Phoenix

Registered Member #29
Stop Being hater Blues lol. You could get the game and see what all the fun is about!
Blues
Thu Jul 22 2010, 12:10PM

Registered Member #394
I'm not hating lol, I just said it's oddly similar to the first WoW expansion xP

Besides, we all know as well as I do that as soon as GW2 (and TOR) come out, all other MMOs will be barren for a while...
MAJOR Patterson
Thu Jul 22 2010, 02:39PM
Registered Member #72
That's if they don't messup GW2 *fingers crossed*
Phoenix Goddess
Fri Jul 23 2010, 10:46PM
The Phoenix

Registered Member #29
This expansion is based on events in the game already. Its based on the story line of Aion. If you played the game you would understand it. Anyway, No matter what WOW comes out with Aion will always look better and be more fun . To me atleast. :)
MAJOR Patterson
Sat Jul 24 2010, 06:08AM
Registered Member #72
The Official Order Is as follows for p2p mmo's:

1- Eve online
2- Aion
9999999- WoW

=D
Blues
Thu Jul 29 2010, 09:41PM

Registered Member #394
That may be, but that expansion sounds vaguely similar to the Burning Crusade expansion from WoW. Case in point:

"begin exploring the world far beyond the traditional territories of Asmodae and Elysea"

Sounds a helluva lot like the introduction of Outland in BC.

" the next exciting chapter in Aion that entrenches players into a rich storyline in which their actions will determine the fate of the world. "

Sounds like the story of the Burning Legion coming to Azeroth and trying to claim it as their own.

"have the ability to align together to launch massive counter assaults against the invading Balaur on their homeland while experiencing new and updated instances and zones, an increased level cap, new weapons and items, new skills and added flight mechanics."

Because none of that screams BC for those of you who know the story behind BC...ok, sure.

"Unlike any MMO before it, Aion is a uniquely crafted online gaming experience where flight offers much more than just a way to gracefully explore the landscape - it is a strategic and integral part of combat, quests, and exploration. "

You know, that's great if the flight is incorporated into the combat & attacks itself, but it's a pretty bold (and false) claim to say that no other MMO uses flight as a mechanic to quest and explore more easily.

"trying to save and control a world literally shattered in half from centuries of brutal conflict. "

Again, sounds like the Draenei and their fight against Kil'jaden and his section of the Burning Legion.

"This expansion is based on events in the game already. Its based on the story line of Aion."

So are BC and WotLK.

"Anyway, No matter what WOW comes out with Aion will always look better and be more fun . To me atleast."

Have you actually tried playing through the WoW? It's not that different from GW, or TR, or Age of Conan, or Aion, or any other MMO out there. You know why? Because every decent MMO borrows from every other decent MMO. It's not a bad thing, it's actually very good if they have any hope to be successful, because there's a bar already set in place to reach. You can't say Aion doesn't borrow some elements from WoW (and from what I've gathered from simply observing and listening, it borrows quite a bit), because it would actually be a bad move on their part. And you really can't complain about graphics, especially since 1/2 of us are willing to return to games like Renegade or Gunbound when we're bored. Not to mention, WoW's graphics have significantly improved, and will continue to do so with the coming expansion.

So, pbbbbbbbt to you xP

[ Edited Thu Jul 29 2010, 09:43PM ]
Phoenix Goddess
Mon Aug 09 2010, 11:02PM
The Phoenix

Registered Member #29
Yes I tried wow and didnt really enjoy it much. I like Aion because it reminds me of Guildwars but better.
Look im not dissing your WOW , I just prefer Aion. And as far as the Grafix. Im sorry Aion blows WOW out of the water. Im sorry but it does.
And I like my clan family to play as well.
That is all.

[ Edited Mon Aug 09 2010, 11:04PM ]
Blues
Tue Aug 17 2010, 04:44PM

Registered Member #394
Phoenix Goddess wrote ...
And as far as the Grafix. Im sorry Aion blows WOW out of the water. Im sorry but it does.
Blues wrote ...
And you really can't complain about graphics, especially since 1/2 of us are willing to return to games like Renegade or Gunbound when we're bored. Not to mention, WoW's graphics have significantly improved, and will continue to do so with the coming expansion.
kthxbaialso, considering my laptop can run GW just fine, and people's (*cough* Ika *cough*) claims that Aion graphics and GW graphics arent different enough that I could run it, I don't understand what's so spectacular about them.The video below explains why your actions are futile. Watch and be enlightened woman!##SANITISED## src="http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/embed/1906">##SANITISED##>

[ Edited Tue Aug 17 2010, 04:53PM ]
Phoenix Goddess
Tue Aug 17 2010, 04:55PM
The Phoenix

Registered Member #29
i really dont care Blues lol so wow have been around for 10 yreas woopedo. I dont like it. Yes there may be some similarties in each game but I enjoy Aion better, as do a load of people that Left wow to play Aion. All games come and go , but i will stick with Aion as long as its around.
Thanks
Blues
Tue Aug 17 2010, 05:03PM

Registered Member #394
And that is why you fail :p

(cookie for reference)

<3
Phoenix Goddess
Thu Aug 19 2010, 11:09PM
The Phoenix

Registered Member #29
You Fail.. YOU MEXICAN YOU WILL NOT BEAT ME MUAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH YES I AM EVIL...... BTW.... AT GAMECON NC SOFT WAS PROMO GUILDWARS 2 AND AION... I wont post link... you think your so smart find it LOL.
Bagels
Fri Aug 20 2010, 01:17AM
Bagels
Registered Member #580
So you guys pay monthly for these cartoon games?
Blues
Fri Aug 20 2010, 05:34PM

Registered Member #394
I was quoting Yoda woman, so yes you do fail lol

Bagels wrote ...

So you guys pay monthly for these cartoon games?

Isn't it redundant to say cartoon games?
Bagels
Mon Aug 30 2010, 02:50AM
Bagels
Registered Member #580
Bagels GoT OWNED!!!!!!!

[ Edited Thu Oct 21 2010, 03:22PM ]
Blues
Wed Sep 08 2010, 12:58AM

Registered Member #394
Bagels wrote ...

Blues GoT OWNED!!!!!!!

So you pay monthly to log on twice to this website just to troll your own clanmates?

See? I can make presumptuous comments too.
Blues
Wed Sep 08 2010, 01:08AM

Registered Member #394
Bagels wrote ...

Bagels GoT OWNED!!!!!!!

There, fixed that for ya
Bagels
Sat Sep 25 2010, 11:45PM
Bagels
Registered Member #580
I Just Got Owned Again!!!

[ Edited Thu Oct 21 2010, 03:22PM ]
Blues
Thu Sep 30 2010, 09:01PM

Registered Member #394
Bagels wrote ...

You Just Got Owned Again!!!

...Ok, sure.

Actually, wait...

Bagels wrote ...

I Just Got Owned Again!!!

I can keep this up all day

[ Edited Thu Oct 21 2010, 03:23PM ]
BadAssEgg_2
Thu Oct 07 2010, 05:55AM
Registered Member #1631
MAJOR Patterson wrote ...

The Official Order Is as follows for p2p mmo's:

1- Eve online
2- Aion
9999999- WoW

=D

idk about Aion but i agree 100% with u on EVE =] nt enuogh time 4 it these days tho so =[
MAJOR Patterson
Fri Oct 08 2010, 02:15AM
Registered Member #72
Where you at in the world of eve?

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF